2.25.2013

Warforged Head Concepts


These black & white head designs kept me busy for several days. The original sketches in my sketchbook took mere minutes, but rendering them in Photoshop took me a while this time. The middle one on the top row is my favorite, since I imagined him wishing he were "alive" and crafting a molded metal mouth-piece to appear more human.

Warforged are golems crafted from metal, wood, and leather and magically given life in the Eberron D&D campaign setting. While they were produced in large numbers for the battlefields of the massive wars of the time, now that the kingdoms are at peace, their primary functions are much less in demand.  Each Warforged has its own personality and identity, and they were given their freedom and recognized as citizens after the wars ended.

I've been fascinated with the concept since I read about them on the Eberron wiki. By all rights, these dudes are immortal, and are able to customize their bodies themselves. The idea of these guys having individual identities and living among mankind is kind of interesting to me. Many of them have exiled themselves from humanity are are dwelling under the leadership of the mysterious Lord of Blades in the wastelands of the Mournland.

No comments:

Post a Comment