2.03.2013

Fighting Through The Failure

I had several paragraphs written about this study, but it was accidentally erased and I think I've spent too much time letting the whole process surrounding this thing bother me.

Short version: It's terrible, I hate it, I gave up on it several times after trying several times to get the features right, and eventually just tried to get the colors, tones, and blending technique that Vermeer used in the original. I felt as if I had a moral victory for pushing through and trying to work on it after giving up, and felt obligated to put the horrible thing up here after that pontificating I did in my last post.  The End.

The Dutch girl with a red hat suddenly became
the Asian lady with an underbite and a  red hat.

Girl with a Red Hat
Johannes Vermeer
c. 1665-1666

No comments:

Post a Comment