8.15.2011

For The Horde...

For those of you who aren't familiar with it, World of Warcraft is a highly immersive and addictive massively multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG.)

Its lore is based on high-fantasy such as Dungeons and Dragons and the Lord of The Rings saga, and the story focuses on two player groups, The Alliance (comprised of playable races Humans, Night Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves, Draenei, and Worgen,) and The Horde (Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Forsaken, Blood Elves, and Goblins.) I quit playing to focus on artwork and other more productive endeavors, but I still love the lore and design of the WoW universe.

While getting back into the swing of creating art again, I started off with fan art exercises where I did mash-ups of the Justice League with members of the Horde races.  The process of creating them with Illustrator was a laborious task, especially considering that I'm new to using the program for anything more complex than cartoon spot illos.

I've been slowly posting my initial eight illustrations on my deviantArt site, so please visit my gallery to take a look at them all as they become available.

No comments:

Post a Comment