1.23.2015

Happy Birthday Bob!

2015 is the year of the gig poster for me. While I knew that I was going to be doing illustrations for people's birthdays again this year, it was during a fit of sleeplessness that my tortured brain decided to go with this format. Don't bother looking up any of these fake bands on the internet...but feel free to steal any of the names for your fake garage bands.

So happy birthday Bob! Pile into the van for your gig with all those other bands. House gets a cut of the door and the t-shirt sales...if you don't like it, hit the bricks kid.


This piece's main figure is based on this figure drawing sketch by John Singer Sargent for his 'Joyful Mysteries' mural at the Boston City Public Library.


As this seems to be my way these days, this poster is accompanied by my obsessive need to record my artistic process. Music by Spin Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment